Monday, January 17, 2011

Favourite Forum Down

More...

My favourite forum at www.handheld.com.vn downed today! That make me feel nervous and empty all the day. It's my routine action to visit the web page at least once a day - even when I was very busy or don't have any clear reason to do it.



I joined the forum one year ago, just after I bought my first Palm device - Sony Clie NR70v (a kind of popular PDA - separated from Pocket PCs and other handheld devices by its operating system - Palm). Until then, I received a lot of useful materials and information from the community: softwares, guides on using and buying devices and accessories, trouble shooting tips when something go wrong... There are also a man who collected rare books and convert them to PDA version for us to download and read. Some others wrote valuable softwares for reading and typing Vietnamese and other things like Vietnamese - English - French dictionary, Lunar Calendar conversion tool, Phone directory of many main cities in Vietnam, adresses of ATM locations and delicious restaurants... for using on PDAs. Most of their works are totally free for us to access.



Treo 650 is the latest Palm device that I posessed (the forth one until last 12 months) and I feel completely sastisfy with it. Last week, it broke down by my over tweaking. But I was able to recover it back after a lot of effort and treasured helps by men from the forum: one lend me his original sync cable, the others answered my questions and one guided me step by step on how to repair Treo 650. That ridiculous man is staying in District of Columbia - USA. He spent 2 hours guiding me to repair my Treo through the Internet with YM, microphone and webcam :)



I also paid back quite a lot for the community by reviewing my Palm devices and new softwares, give instructions for the newcomers, introduce internet valuable services like plaxo, jotspot wiki, Yahoo widget and some more others... :) I feel really happy to be a useful person and recognised by many other members of the forum - expecially in Palm section.



Hope that my forum can be recovered soon! I really miss it! It's allready be a part of my life!



More: http://www.hsengine.com/s_vietnamese+calendar.html

No comments:

Post a Comment