Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Entry for June 06, 2007

More...

Sunset Tahiti

Some time since I wrote, well I always say that, but this time I have an excuse; I have been in Australia. I have been busy selling my yacht, which I have done. The result is the end of an era for me, no more oceans to cross, no more exotic ports, reefs, indigenous people to meet, no more night watches below the stars, no more fixing the boat at all hours. I’ve been sailing the world for 10 years, almost twice around, but I was tired the boat was tired. I repaired the boat and myself, but it’s time to do something else.

I still have the memories of course, places like Caribbean, the carnival in Trinidad, Santa Maria in the Darren jungle, Galapagos, Tonga, Fiji, Vanuatu, Kalimantan and the Kumi River (Pangalanbung & orang-utans), Malaysia, Thailand and many more wonderful places. It was sailing almost exactly 10 years, and really only one real mishap, we went on the reef in Indonesia, in spite of hiring a guide to show us how to get there, a place called Pantar (there’s a challenge, find that on a map without the help of Google or similar). We were on the reef for 7 hours but did surprisingly little damage, however I don’t recommend being at 45 degrees and listening to your boat grinding itself to pieces on sharp coral. Yes, there was bad weather occasionally at sea, but surprisingly little, maximum wind gusts of 70 miles an hour but we were prepared for them. Which makes me think, I should thank my yacht Inca (Incandescent) for looking after me all that time, and yes, I know it cant read but after all those years I almost thought of Inca as alive. She also made 2 notable rescues, we plucked 3 people from the sea off Thursday Island in Australia, their boat had sunk and we were able to rescue a Japanese yacht who had lost its mast in the Atlantic, we passed 300 litters of fuel to them in a big seas, they were then able to motor 500 miles to safety. We towed a friend’s yacht 400 miles when they lost their gearbox and there was no wind.

I’ve put up some photos, as a picture speaks a1000 words it will save me a lot of typing.

On the hypnosis front I haven’t been doing much but did some interesting real life sessions recently with great results, a little online hypnosis but then I’ve only been back a week. One interesting online subject who thinks everything we do is real, and in fact we are on different continents; it is really is a case of what you want to happen usually does happen and it can be very real.

Enough for now don’t be shy in contacting me for a chat or hypnosis, always glad to talk.



More: http://www.hsengine.com/s_Galapagos+Islands+Map.html

No comments:

Post a Comment