Saturday, December 25, 2010

BEAUTIFUL EXPERIENCE

More...

A BEAUTIFUL EXPERIENCE ---- There isn't anything extraordinary about this experience. It must have been three years ago that I was tinkering on on the old computer bought my youngest daughter for use in this little space I call home. All of a sudden, there appeared on the monitor, a white tissue like rectangle about one by five inches in size. outside the upper left hand corner was a word that  said "COMMENT". As I stopped,. I kept staring at the monitor, waiting for a subject to be supplied. Nothing came out. So I started to type whatever came to mind to make use of this cute little space. I was writing down everything about t, the people I encountered, most important was the young looking presiding minister, who I learned from a lady worker wanted to meet me right in front of the large kettle of food he was manning on top of n equally large stove right behind the dining area we newly baptized group of February 4, 2005, were having a good lunch of rice, fried lumpia and a serving of meat cooked by no other than our presiding minister. The reason I had no desire to meet him was the embarrassment of wearing a blouse that was a little too tight. It belonged to a member residing in the compound. She had lent it to mewhen she learned that the little commotion inside the dressing room close to the crystal clear baptismal waters, was my inability to find my own blouse inside the bag I brought from the city for that purpose. I went on eating from my lunch plate, when the young lady  worker came back to prod me again to see Bro. Eli. I left my plate of food and went around. I stopped at a distance of around 20 meters away from him and was glad there were some boys going in his direction. It was a saving grace. I knew he was just trying to be kind to the new members. And I thought there was no need for me to see him. His TV programs had convinced me enough of the veracity of his teachings. I remembered some Catholic ladies in my home town frequenting the Catholic convent when I was a young girl. I thought it was something questionable. And that was wrong for me to do so to go close to an especially respected man of God. So I turned back to finish my half-filled plate. The next meeting for us was called orientation day. I was not quite aware of it but Bro. Louie, my only son among the four, having been ahead of me in membership. required me to make the trip to Apalit. He believed I could do it by myself because because I had been traveling back and fourth halfway around the world by myself for fourteen times before I became a member. As I was late in that orientation, I was seated in front at the left wing of the ADD convention, where gatherings of enormous size are held. Bro. Eli was talking while moving  to and fro in what had been an elongated platform stretched at some point facing the eastern part of the  convention. Shortly, Bro. Daniel appeared while talking to a microphone connected to a wire and he was slowly moving towards the front of us, a camera man behind him. Things went well. It was the addition of the new members in my group that our chapter decided to move out from Ss Wella's  place because we needed a bigger place. We found one in the midst of the  furniture shops  At A. Mabini Street, which happened to be eastward above the one we vacated. It took only a couple of months until we had to move to a bigger place, luckily right in the vicinity, a fully concrete apartment type in three stories, which we occupied only for about two years. We had to move to a bigger one again, which turned out lacking in ventilation. Fortunately, we were able to get a much better place at a corner of fourth Ave. and A. Mabini St. which we have been for the last three years.It was during my first year of membership that that I noticed there were calls for would-be workers for countries abroad were being trained or were putting themselves under training. There was a call listed in one of the circulars for people to help would be workers in Afganistan, familiarize them with the English language, as there was a group about tobe sent to Afganistan. The requirement was just a few English words from one person and perhaps another person may be able to contribute a few words more, and so forth. I did not not respond  because I knew there were quite a lot who could  do that. After sometime, another circular was listed. It was a call for some one who could familiarize  some MIC's with the English language.. I did not badge either. Then another announcement for linguists to get together was listed. The language could be Japanese or Nipongo, English. Spanish, and so on. I began to feel bad because in our Christian church, one has to do something good. It is actually a set back on one's faith if we don't do what is good or that we can contribute, which might even be the reason we have been called into God's nation. The instruction for those who were willing to participate was to give Bro. Narcing a call. He happens to be Bro. Eli's younger brother, occupying a certain office close to the administration office. Prior to this, I was already writing bits of articles signifying I was in awe of my newly found faith and dynamic preacher., Bro. Eliseo Soriano. That linguistics meeting was to be held at thr food court of the Plaza Shrangrila in Pasig. It was just one bus ride from my place. After Bro. Louie and I each finished one burger, we strolled around a little bit inside to see if the group had already arrived. A few minutes later, Bro. Louie spotted Bro. Narcing in one row of seats and tables. I did not kn ow him yet. He stood to shake hands with me, and we all sat down. I declared at once that I did not have any material to use in that new effort. Bro. Narcing said not to worry, they had them. There was a gentleman beside him who was quiet. holding a crumpled brown paper bag on top of the table which contained something I could not see. When Bro. Anton Claro, the Spanish linguist arrived,  Bro. Narcing started ordering some food, and the conversation went on lightly touching on the two more linguists Ss._______, the Japanese linguist, and another English linguist, who joined us later because she came from tutoring some kids far from the place. I remembered Bro. Narcing asking me twice the reason I did not want to see Bro. during that baptismal lunch. I told him the reason. At this pont in time Bro. Eli was already abroad. The sister who ha a tutoring job,sat down with a list of criteria typewritten in an 8 by 11 piece of paper I did not intend to read, as the light was hazy. But I heard her say "any leadership quality". I said  no, I have no leadership quality. I am just a follower. Bro. Louie and I begged to go ahead as everyone seem to feel the same.


More: http://www.hsengine.com/s?w=English+Tutor+Wanted

No comments:

Post a Comment