Sunday, March 20, 2011

Us

More...

I'm into my seventh month of pregnancy. Some time ago I stopped thinking about 'me', and started talking about 'us'. So far there have been no complications, and no reasons to expect any. I now love my husband even more than ever, and tend to shield us from the outside world, as I'm increasingly becoming aware of the threats to the future of my unborn child.

Like any other loving parent, I guess, I'm convinced that there will be no need to punish my child, ever. He or she will be just perfect. But, of course, that is just a dream. He or she will be perfect, even though we will have our differences of opinion. But I find it real hard to write about punishment these days. There are lots of thugs 'out there' who sure could use a good spanking! Politicians and moguls, holding on to power after burning down the house. Media freaks, trying to sell us all kinds of lies, and siding with activists lobbying for special purpose groups.

In the past I've 'begged' my husband to add his voice to ongoing discussions in my groups. But he always, wisely, refused. He told me he didn't want to be seen having an argument with me in public. Although we do not have many differences of opinion on the subject of punishment. His background is somewhat different from mine. Probably also because he is older than I am, from a different generation if you will. He was spanked growing up, but also beaten as a teen when he got older. He agrees that the spankings worked for him. But the beatings didn't. He doesn't hold a grudge against his dad though, as he has no trouble identifying the problems his parents were having with youth culture at the time, and what the impact must have been on his parents.

At long last, he started publishing elsewhere. In forums where I was not present. And he hit the jackpot! As he started publishing his contributions in a Dutch language group about the use of spanking as a parenting tool, there was this single mother, advocating quite barbaric spanking options. She also spoke openly about teenage friends of her daughter who wanted her to spank them too. My husband was concerned about her, and her daughters. But I thought she was role-playing. And I proved to be right, but with a vengence........
This lady wasn't role-playing out of lust, which would have been awkward enough, given the scope of this forum. But she eventually turned around and announced that she was a journalist, planning to expose all these abusive parents, since there now was a law against spanking a child in my country. And she told everybody that she informed the authorities, and demanded that the forum would be shut down. She apparently also petitioned the service provider. But so far the forum is still up and running.
Mind you, here in Holland we do have a law against spanking children. Even a single swat to the backside can get you into trouble. And now she and her newspaper want to turn it into a crime to even discuss spanking, by the looks of it! And as this wasn't troubling enough, the forum was actually set up to facilitate an ongoing debate in Belgium, which hasn't past such a law, yet. About half of the people in our neighboring country are speaking Dutch as well.

Meanwhile, in a large newspaper article yesterday, a plan was proposed to provide professional, state controlled guidance for every single parent. Whether they are asking for it, or not. Apparently this looney idea has been developed in the US after it became clear that current parenting techniques are failing on a massive scale, while care provided by the Government after parents lost custody is actually a breeding ground for criminals.

What kind of world am I sending my baby into?


More: http://www.hsengine.com/s_Contributions.html

No comments:

Post a Comment